Thursday, September 13, 2007

Give me comfort

Comfort foods: mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, cheesecake, rice pudding, ice cream, pizza, and more. We all have our favorites and, dang it, if they just aren't the wisest food choices. Not that that stops us. Oh, no, when we want our comfort, we want full fat, loaded with calories, yummy in our tummy solace.



I had tomato soup and grilled cheese, two of my favorite comfort foods, for lunch yesterday. Mmmmmmmmm, it was incredible.

The soup must be homemade, by me or by a restaurant, I'm not that picky, but it can not be canned, no, no, no, never, never, never. It's tinny, harsh, overly salted, yuck, it ruins the whole experience. I'd rather go without. But back to the good stuff. The creamier the better, overtures of roasted garlic and fresh basil are always welcome.

If your eyes tell you that's a white bread sandwich, you're right. While I try to do the right thing and go whole grain, there's just something about a grilled cheese made just like my mom made it - white bread and sharp cheddar cheese.

Tell me truly, isn't your mouth watering just looking at it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home