Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Kitchen demolition

No, we're not having anything exciting like a kitchen remodel going on.

But, all the same, we are experiencing kitchen demolition, thanks to our two sons and 3 friends of our oldest. That's right, 5 boys between the ages of 14 and 16, let loose in our kitchen with teenage appetites. To give him credit, our oldest does the cooking for everyone. He really enjoys cooking and being host.

But he doesn't clean it up.

Every time I turned around, the kitchen showed the effects of tornadoes - 5 of them, to be exact - mowing through, spewing mess on every surface.

I'd clean it up, have a little heart to heart with the offending parties, only to find it once again a disaster area.

I think they hear like dogs. They might hear their names and food but the rest is all white noise to them.

And yet, I try again, thinking one of these times, I'll break through the sound barrier.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home