Saturday, September 01, 2007

comb my egregious oyster

That was the subject line of a spam email I received today. Total nonsense, of course, as are the majority of spam subject lines, but this one gave me the giggles. It was more than the usual babbling non sequitur, this one sounded like a command.

"Comb my egregious oyster!" shouted Oliver, as he motioned towards the 100-gallon salt water aquarium filled with sea anemones, clown fish and countless other oceanic gems. He loved the fluidity of the tank's sea life but not the maintenance it required. That task was relegated to his overburdened assistant, Priscilla.

How about that? A spam subject title that is actually workable into a story, albeit a bad one, but still, that doesn't happen very often (a workable spam line, not a bad story. I can write those any time, anywhere).

I did wonder, however, if "comb my egregious oyster" might be a euphemism for something. I'm so out of the loop, it could be and I'd never know. Oh, well, so be it. That would give the story a little added twist (perhaps in more ways than one).

I wonder what future pearls of prose will turn up in my spam file. With luck, I'll find another that I can turn into poor fiction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chickens, Oh My! said...

Greetings,

I am Larry Cross and created the "Rain Pavilion" on which you've commented.

The metal pieces were computer-cut, and I received them from the man from whom I bought the house.

They were specifically created for a project. They were not scrap, just not used for that project.

They were given my house's seller, who then gave them to me.

I'd like to invite you to come to my "park" sometime (I guess not this weekend; it seems that it will be freezing).

7407 SE GLenwood St.,
503/233-1780
971/344-9616 cell.

Sincerely,

Larry Cross

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home