Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Myth busted

So after writing my blog entry for today, I did a little 'net snooping.

Turns out the whole lemming suicide leap is a myth, begun by Disney in their movie "White Wilderness" (1958). Other scientific studies point out that it is possible that during mass migrations, some lemmings may have fallen off cliffs onto rocks or into bodies of water, but it was never on purpose.

I could still have been a lemming but it's good to know any fall I might have incurred wasn't on purpose. It was just due to clutziness.

Small comfort.

1 Comments:

Blogger bemused said...

Sorry, Alice, but I deleted your comment. While you may have sincerely meant your invite to visit your site, it came off as spamming to drum up traffic to your site, especially since you did not comment on my blog entry at all.

You're welcome to stop, visit and comment about my blog, but please, no fly-by spamming.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home