Monday, October 29, 2007

Pushy, rude door-to-door salespeople

What is it about door-to-door salespeople that makes them think they have the right to bother me at home? And what makes them think that the appropriate response to my "No, thank you, I'm not interested, I don't buy from door-to-door salespeople", is to get downright rude and offensive?

Just now, as I worked in my front garden, some guy in a pick-up with a metal box in the back that said "Cascade Summit" drove up, stopped, got out and started giving me whatever spiel he had. I gave him my pat response. He got in his truck and yelled rudely at me.

I responded, "I have the right not to be bothered at home."

As he drove down the street, he yelled, "Quit your yelling and screaming!"

I yelled "Jackass!"

I'm sure he made more comments but I could no longer hear him. Nor could he hear me curse him and call him worse than jackass.

He just reinforced, once again, why I don't buy from door-to-door salespeople.

What a jackass.

If anyone knows who this business could have been (no plausible results to my google search), please let me know. I'll place a complaint.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a first time visitor and live in Albany, OR.

I think it was early October because the window closest to my front door was open. I heard the doorbell. Of course I was outside in the back. As I enter my house, I hear the guy utter rather loudly and rudely, "C'mon...." I said, "Excuse me?" He didn't think I'd heard him. He was friendly after that, trying to get me to buy his frozen meat. I told him I'm a vegetarian. [I'm not.] But it worked.

But your sales guy takes the cake. What a moron.

I'm with you. I never, ever buy from door to door sales people unless it's little kids doing a fund raiser.

On the other hand, like I tell my kids, "they're just trying to put food on the table like the rest of us." It's got to be demeaning to go door to door and get rejection after rejection. But this is NO excuse for being rude.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home