Friday, September 15, 2006

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring...

I love a good rainstorm. After weeks of dry weather, I welcome the first fall rain. Everything looks all sparkly new and the air smells sweet. The earthworms come out to play and the garden gets a good drink. I'll keep working in a light rain but when it comes down hard, as it just did, I do have the sense to come inside. My focus stays outside, though, as I watch the rain come down.

Now don't hate me but...

I don't even mind when it keeps on raining, even after months of it. I love the cloud formations and the play of light, even when there's little of it, that comes with the rain.

Maybe you think I'm crazy but it beats the heck out of same ol', same ol' or snow, ice and bitter cold. Besides the rain gives me a good excuse to curl up with a book or watch a favorite old movie. And without the rain, Oregon wouldn't be the green jewel it is.

Pardon me, I must go listen to the rain.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

I'm enjoying the rain, too. It's just something that becomes us, and we it. Lovely.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home