Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Self-evident

Coming back from downtown, I spotted a Humvee with the license plate "GUN LVR". Wow, tell me how you really feel. Do you suppose the following assumptions could also be true of the Humvee owner? Diehard Republican, loves Bush and thinks all who voice concern about the war are anti-American. Couldn't care less about the environment (I like my spotted owl battered and fried). Thinks Global Warming is a hoax conjured up by the Far Left. Thinks homosexuality is a crime against nature and homosexual marriages are an attack on the sanctity of marriage. Thinks homeless people deserve to be homeless because they are lazy and shiftless.

Oh, wow, I could go on and on and create a caricature of who I think drives that Humvee. I could be right, I could be wrong. But whoever it is certainly invites all kinds of speculation given choice of vehicle and vanity plate. You are what you drive? Maybe so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home