Monday, March 20, 2006

A brief lapse in reality

"I had a weird dream last night."

"All your dreams are weird. All you need to say is, 'I had a dream last night," and I'll know it was weird."

That's not quite true. I only tell my hubby my weird dreams. The others are too boring to share. A complete snooze, if you will. I certainly slept through them.

Last night I dreamt I read a brief. It was long and upsetting and I felt the writer had gotten so many points wrong. I was driven to action. I tracked down the author and confronted him, waving the brief in my hand. Only it was not a paper brief, it had become a pair of briefs - as in tighty whities. But there was nothing tighty or whitey about this pair. The brief was written on a pair of taupe-colored silk women's underwear. And it wasn't underwear today's woman would wear; the brief was much too long to be written on a scrap of fabric. Nope. These were a pair of old-fashioned bloomers, roomy enough to hold all of the ridiculous words. In short, my beef was about a brief written on a pair of not-so-brief briefs.

Yes, I had a weird dream last night.

Don't bother trying to understand the meaning of it either. To paraphrase Freud, sometimes a pair of briefs is just a pair of briefs.

3 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

Uh, that' weird!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still say they are all weird, but that's one of the weirder.

Hubby

9:17 PM  
Blogger bemused said...

Lelo, yep, it's weird. I admit it.

Hey, hubby snuck in... ;-) Okay, just to prove you wrong, I'm going to try to remember my dull dreams and bore you with them.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home