Monday, April 17, 2006

Pun-ny stuff

Our family loves word play. You have to watch what you say because we'll make a groaner of a pun or turn your words into literal humor. Think Groucho Marx's type of humor, "I'm going to take the stairs." "Won't your mother make you bring them back?" Bada bum. Yep, corny it is but we love it.

Our eldest son has inherited our humor gene (to which my hubby would say, "But I'm not wearing any jeans," or something equally inane). He's provided us with laughter many times. I still remember when he christened our pepper 'sneezinings'.

So it didn't surprise me when he came up with another giggler at dinner the other night. Hubby was trying to convince eldest to try hot sauce on his enchilada. He said, "It will put hair on your chest!"

To which, eldest replied, "Why would I want hair on my chest? Wouldn't I have to shave it?"

"No, no, no, you don't have to shave chest hair."

"Unless you are a swimmer," I added.

Hubby (oh, he thinks he's so smart) told us that they've done studies and found that swimmers don't need to shave after all, that there is some physics property (with a fancy name that I don't recall) in effect and hair actually makes swimmers more aerodynamic.

"Don't you mean hair-odynamic?" said eldest with a wicked grin.

He's got a point, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home