Thursday, June 21, 2007

Out of the fire...

They have arrived safely, exhausted but fine.

But...

(you knew that was coming didn't you)

Their luggage is lost (expletive deleted). And what's worse, no one knows where it is (another expletive). They've been 3 days in the same clothes. They have no toiletries (you can't carry liquids on the plane), no underwear, no clothes, nothing.

They leave for their next city stop tomorrow morning (by bus, no more planes, thank God!). Hopefully their luggage will catch up with them soon. In the meantime, they are going to shop for a change of clothes - that's an expense we didn't need!

Please, please, please keep fingers crossed that this is the LAST screw-up for this trip. In 5 years' time, this will make a good story but right now it's nothing but aggravation.

It frustrates the HELL out of me that there is not a damned thing I can do about this.

2 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

I've been following this story and holding my breath the whole time. But you know what? I think this trip is as good for you as it is for him. It will all work out and he'll be just fine. And you'll be such a proud mom!!!!!!

Hang in there...
L

4:08 PM  
Blogger bemused said...

Thanks, lelo!

I know - I hope! - eventually all will be fine but it saddens me that they have had such a horribly, rocky start to a trip they've been living and breathing for months. That's what makes my heart break the most - 3 days into their trip and they've had little but sleepless nights, airport food (yuck!) and aggravation when they should be having fun experiencing a whole new world.

Hmm, I guess eating airport food is experiencing a whole new world, in a way (just what world it is, I don't know) but it isn't what we had in mind!

Sigh. Poor travelers!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home