Thursday, January 25, 2007

Room and board

Critter Control came out Monday in response to my query of "what's next?" since trapping didn't seem to be working. He checked the trap and gave me an update. It seems that the nail hammered into our siding and holding the trap in place on the roof had somehow got hung up on the trap door mechanism, preventing it from closing. The bait was gone and the trap was "licked clean." I had to laugh. No only have we provided a nice, cozy home but we've been feeding them as well! He fixed the problem and baited the trap again. As he left, he said that we would likely catch a squirrel the next day.

I wish he'd been right.

Maybe I will give in to my son's request to let him at 'em. He thinks it would be a cakewalk to catch them in the attic. My son wants to play Rambo vs. Rocky (hey, Stallone, that would be one heck of a sequel!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Trapper Ron said...

I hear this all the time about my competition. All I can say is if you want something trapped would you rather have a college boy who purchases a franchise or an actual professional animal trapper solve your problem.

Thanks
Trapper Ron
www.trapperron.com

12:40 PM  
Blogger bemused said...

Thanks for stopping in, Ron but I need to be clear that I'm not complaining about Critter Control (who are not college boys but professional animal trappers). Quite the contrary. We've used Critter Control before and were very pleased. If we hadn't been, we wouldn't have called them again. I know many others who have also been well pleased with their service. The problem occurred because the trap slipped from its initial resting spot - easy to do on a wet-slick tile roof. This was not their fault.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home